Thursday, March 19, 2009

My First Mission Trip

I am leaving on Monday for my very first mission trip! I am very excited and nervous and I go out to serve the Lord in an area I have never been before. About 10 people from our little church in Westminster are flying out to New Orleans, Louisiana to serve with Samaritan's Purse rebuilding homes in the 9th ward (one of the most severely affected area of Hurricane Katrina). Now I get a bit nervous when I have to speak verbally about the Lord as I don't know my scripture very well and I fear I might not have to right words to say, but I am truly excited that I can serve the Lord with my hands. This is something that I don't have any problems doing. Growing up I was always the one that had to go outside and help my dad with the hard work and so this is something that will also remind me of my father while I serve my Heavenly Father.

As the day of departure approaches I am getting more and more excited to have this experience and help those people that need the help and please my Father. We return on Saturday the 28th and I will be posting a follow up of my trip with hopefully a few pictures of my experience! :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

How exciting!! I am sure it will be an amazing experience! Don't worry about knowing or saying the right thing - you will do just the "right" thing by showing them love and serving them in a very needed way (rebuilding of their homes and hopefully lives)

Meg said...

You weren't the only one who went out and helped dad stinker! LOL! I am proud of you for doing this, I am sure it will be a great experience, can't wait to hear about it! I would love to do one of these someday myself! Good luck! Love ya little sis!

Karmen said...

ahh that's so exciting! can't wait to read your 'after trip' blog post!